Sunday, December 16, 2012

Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try.

I stumbled across this post earlier today and wanted to share it with people. It just struck a chord with me as I continue to try to get myself together. I am working on my fitness and health, my mental health, and also trying to let my 'self' out.

I work out twice a week at a minimum with a friend at the small gym at work and we are going to be joined this week by another friend. We are all slightly heavier than average, but the other two ladies are much more fit than I am. In recent weeks I have been successfully doing an average speed of 3.0 for 28mins and 2.5 for 7mins on the treadmill- this includes my warm up and cool down. We have also been adding 10 crunches before each workout. I have been introduced to the hula hoop as a workout tool and I am going to get one.

I have been browsing workout and health ideas on Pinterest. I have found many things that I want to try and other things that I think are mad. My hubby and I are going to start a calorie restricted diet together. It is more about teaching ourselves what a real portion is supposed to be rather than the trough we seem to feed from for every meal. Basically we are going to take our regular portion, split it and each take a half. We are both volume eaters at present so we need to retrain our stomachs as to what a real portion is. We are also making sure that we are eating the right ratio of foods - the right amount of protein, fats, and carbohydrates to feel full for longer and also so that we are tempted not to snack on bad things. I am worried about both of us as neither of us are particularly healthy at the moment.

"Every accomplishment starts with the decision to try." I have decided to try. Have you?

Be well,
Buttercup

No comments:

Post a Comment