Ok - resolutions are GREAT if you actually go through with them. I have previously tried resolutions or 100 mini-goals or some such junk in the hopes that it would impel me forward down the path to health and well-being. Well, in the past two years my resolutions have kept me in a weight range of about 5lbs. I have gained and lost the same 5lbs of weight for two freaking years! Can you smell the frustration? I know I can. And my other goals of cleaning and learning new things fell by the way side as well.
So this year in place of resolutions I am going to have 12 accomplishments. I was thinking it would be one per month, but to tell the truth some of them are inter-related so I might cross off a couple at the same time.
12 things I would like to accomplish in 2013:
- Get below 200lbs. I am currently at 287.9lbs - 88lbs in a year is do-able.
- Learn some Arabic. I will be stationed in a place where this will be very handy and it will be useful in my career to have this under my belt.
- Sew a table runner for each of my closest friends. I have access to some awesome Chinese silk brocade at the moment so I thought this would be an easy enough project.
- Fit into size 14 jeans. If I accomplish #1 I will be able to accomplish this one as well.
- Buy a pair of cowboy boots. I will have to have these specially made because I have fat calves, but I really REALLY want a pair.
- Crochet a blanket or two. I have recently begun to crochet and I have so far done two scarves and two different stitches. Must try more. Plus I have friends that are popping out kids soon and they need gifts...
- Walk Bowen Road. Folks at work talk about this road all of the time and I have yet to walk it. It is up some scary stairs down the road from me, but if I do it I will be super proud of myself as only the fit people seem to know about it.
- Buy a pair of Fluevog shoes. I have been lusting after several pairs of Fluevogs for a while now, but I think that I will have to wait until I can try them on in the store.
- Get a spa facial. I have not gone to a spa in ages and I would really like to pamper myself one time. Of course all of the spas here cost an arm, a leg, and your first born so I need to make sure that I can get what I want.
- Clean out my closet and try to define my personal style more. It looks like my clothes are mating in there and their kids are ill-fitting.
- Blog once a week. I would like to have at least one blog post a week if not more. Writing a post or two ahead of time will probably be a factor....
- Participate in blog events. I would like to participate in blog events - theme posts for example.